- Make a mild soap solution by adding a few drops of mild soap to warm water.
- Gently scrub the ring with a soft toothbrush or small soft-bristled brush to remove dust and dirt. Make sure you don't brush the ring too hard, as this can scratch the gold.
- Submerge the ring in the soap solution and let it soak for a few minutes. This will help dissolve dirt and grime.
- Remove the ring from the soap solution and rinse thoroughly under running warm water. Be sure to remove all soap residue.
- Pat the ring dry with a soft, clean cloth.
- If any residue remains on the ring, you can remove it by dipping the ring in a mixture of one part water and one part ammonia. Let the ring soak for a few minutes and then rinse it thoroughly under running water.
How to polish gold ring?
Polishing a 14k gold ring is a great way to make it look like new again. Gold is a soft type of metal and can easily get dirty, discolored and scratched. By regularly polishing your gold ring ladies, the ring will stay beautiful for longer and last longer.
If you have a 14k gold ring with gemstones, such as diamonds or sapphires, you need to take extra care when polishing. Never use sharp objects to remove dirt, as this can damage the stones. Instead, you can use a soft toothbrush or have the ring polished by a professional jeweler.