Sterling Silver and Gold PlatedAll Eline Rosina jewelry is made from 925 sterling silver, a precious metal of strong quality. Our gold plated jewelry has a 925 sterling silver base with a 18K gold plating. A special E-coating is applied over the gold plating for extra protection. Sterling silver as well as gold plated jewelry can change color over time as a result of normal use and aging. There are many factors influencing the wear and tear of jewelry:
- Prolonging exposure to sunlight and oxygen can cause jewelry to fade color and/or erode and dull.
- Sterling silver and gold plating can be permanently damaged or disColored caused by contact with water, chlorine, perfume, cosmetics, oils and creams and chemical products such a detergents.
- The acidity of the skin, which differs per person (and is influenced by, among other things, food, alcohol consumption, use of medication and perspiration), can affect the material and cause disColoring of jewelry.
Take care of small earrings
Some Eline Rosina designs are very small and delicate. Closing small hoops can be tricky at first (especially our Tiny hoops ) but with some practice and a bit of patience you'll get it done in no time. When closing hoops it can be useful to put the in the hoop from behind the ear and close it in front, so you can see what you're doing in the mirror. It can be useful to hold the hoop with a tweezer with one hand and close it with your other hand. Never bend or flex your hoops! Bending them can distort the hoops which will make it even harder to close them properly.
These beauties surely are an investment for life! The rings from our Rock Solid Collection are made of high quality 14k solid gold. This material doesn't oxidize and discolor. But just like your other jewelry, it's very important to make sure your gold rings get some TLC (tender, love and care ;-). The following tips serve as a guideline for taking good care of your 14k gold ring and make sure it shines on forever!
- Firstly, start off with your daily skin care before wearing your solid gold ring. Putting in your jewelry should be the final step of your getting ready ritual.
- Store your rings in the jewelry box that came with your order when you go to bed or when you have to clean, do sports or be physically active otherwise. This prevents pressure or chemicals to affect the ring and perhaps leave it damaged. Besides it's handy for safekeeping, the jewelry boxes simply look too pretty not to use ;-)
- We advice you to not wear your solid gold ring when you visit the sauna or a pool. You can loose your ring in the water or during a relaxing spa moment. And losing your gem doesn't contribute to a relaxing day! At all!
- Never ever clean your 14k gold ring with tissues or kitchen paper. This contains small wood fibers that can damage the material. Using a hard toothbrush can also damage your solid gold ring. Please check out our Materials & care page or send us a dm if you need tips on how to clean your ring.
Important tips to keep your jewelry beautiful
Here are some important tips to help you keep your jewelry in great condition so you can enjoy wearing it for as long as possible:
- Store your jewelry separately and in an Eline Rosina jewelry box
- Clean your jewelry regularly using a jewelry polishing cloth
- Do not shower/swim/work out/sleep with your jewelry
- Avoid all contact with creams, perfumes, oils, other cosmetics and detergents
- Do not bend or flex hoops/earcuffs!
Do you have questions about your order or about the quality of our products? Take a look at our most common questions or send an e-mail to our Customer Service at email@example.com