If you have a 14k gold ring , it is important to maintain and clean it properly to ensure it lasts a long time. Fortunately, cleaning a 14k gold ring is an easy process that you can do at home. Below we have put together a few steps to make your 14k gold ring shine again:
- Make a mild soap solution by adding a few drops of mild soap to warm water.
- Gently scrub the ring with a soft toothbrush or small soft-bristled brush to remove dust and dirt. Make sure you don't brush the ring too hard, as this can scratch the gold.
- Submerge the ring in the soap solution and let it soak for a few minutes. This will help dissolve dirt and grime.
- Remove the ring from the soap solution and rinse thoroughly under running warm water. Be sure to remove all soap residue.
- Pat the ring dry with a soft, clean cloth.
- If any residue remains on the ring, you can remove it by dipping the ring in a mixture of one part water and one part ammonia. Let the ring soak for a few minutes and then rinse it thoroughly under running water.
How to polish gold ring?
Polishing a 14k gold ring is a great way to make it look like new again. Gold is a soft type of metal and can easily get dirty, discolored and scratched. By regularly polishing your gold ring ladies, the ring will stay beautiful for longer and last longer.
There are different ways to polish a 14k gold ring , depending on how dirty or discolored the ring is. Some people choose to take the ring to a jeweler to have it professionally polished, others do it themselves using household products.
An easy way to polish a 14k gold ring for women at home is to wash it with warm water and dish soap. This is sufficient if your ring has a little dirt and / or discoloration. Make a solution of warm water and washing-up liquid and place the ring in it. Let the ring soak for a few minutes and then rinse it well under the tap. If necessary, use a soft toothbrush to remove dirt between the stones and in the setting. As easy as that!
For a deeper cleaning you can use a special gold polish. This is available at the jeweler or online. It is very important to always follow the instructions on the label exactly. Be careful when using these products, as they are often more aggressive than detergent.
If you have a 14k gold ring with gemstones, such as diamonds or sapphires, you need to take extra care when polishing. Never use sharp objects to remove dirt, as this can damage the stones. Instead, you can use a soft toothbrush or have the ring polished by a professional jeweler.
It is also important to remember that some materials, such as acid, chlorine and sulfur, can change the color of gold or even tarnish the metal. Therefore, try to take off the ring when you work with these substances and store your gold ring ladies 14 carat in a safe, dry place.
By regularly giving your 14k gold ring a little love, you can ensure that it always looks shiny and beautiful. Shop your investment piece now: 14k solid gold ring collection