Materials & care
Because it's crucial to know what you're buying and how to care for it.
We care about the quality of our products and that's why we committed ourselves to only work with precious metals, such as Recycled Sterling Silver, 14k Solid Gold & 18k Gold Vermeil and 18k Gold Plating. This has nothing to do with the cheap materials like stainless steel or brass used for most fashion jewelry. In order to make a luxury piece of jewelry we believe the material should be luxury as well and that's why we don't make compromises on the metals we use for our designs.
RECYCLED STERLING ZILVER
All of our products (except our 14k Solid Gold line) are made from 925 sterling silver or have a 925 Sterling Silver base, the best quality out there for your silver jewelry. This is our most used metal since it's the base for our Gold Vermeil & Gold Plated products as well. We are using recycled Sterling Silver to be more environmentally conscious.
GOLD PLATED STERLING SILVER
Our gold plated jewelry has a 925 Sterling Silver base, plated with 18k Solid Gold. For our Gold Plated Sterling Silver pieces the thickness of the plating varies between 0.25 and 1 micron depending on the style. After the plating is complete we apply and additional layer of e-coating for a longer durability.
To be considered Gold Vermeil the product must have a very thick layer of Solid Gold (2.5 microns) over Sterling Silver. This thicker layer will make sure your product lasts even longer than our regular Gold Plating (between 0.25 and 1 micron). Our Gold Vermeil products have a thick 18k Solid Gold layer on Recycled Sterling Silver, finished off with an e-coating for a longer durability.
14K SOLID GOLD
Our 14k Solid Gold products are made to last forever. It will never oxidize or discolor, so you can wear your investment pieces all day and everywhere.
DIAMONDS & GEMSTONES
All of our rings are finished with nothing less than high quality gemstones and real diamonds to provide you with some serious sparkle.
The use of zirconia stones offers a durable and affordable alternative to diamonds. You get the look without the crazy price tag. All our sparkling items are finished with zirconia stones to guarantee the affordable luxury we stand for.
Sterling silver as well as gold plated jewelry can change colour over time as a result of normal use and aging. There are many factors influencing the wear and tear of jewelry:
- Prolonging exposure to sunlight and oxygen can cause jewelry to fade colour and/or erode and dull.
- Sterling silver and gold plating can be permanently damaged or discoloured caused by contact with water, chlorine, perfume, cosmetics, oils and creams and chemical products such a detergents.
- The acidity of the skin, which differs per person (and is influenced by, among other things, food, alcohol consumption, use of medication and perspiration), can affect the material and cause discolouring of jewelry.
Take care of your treasures
Here are some handy tips to help you keep your jewelry in great condition so you can enjoy wearing it for as long as possible:
- Do not shower/swim/work out/sleep with your jewelry
- Avoid all contact with creams, perfumes, oils, other cosmetics and detergents
- Store your jewelry separately and in an Eline Rosina jewelry box.